The Codex Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Codex Project

Public input in an atempt to make better Codexes for Warhammer 40, 000

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Morning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yabbadab

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning   Good Morning EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 am

In response to Son of Sanguinius/Herald of the Lost desperate pleas Razz I joined this morning. Thanks for the invite fella Smile

I suppose a little background might be in order. I have a Catachan army and a Marine army (vanilla with little sprinkles). I have played with pretty much every army up until three years ago when I focussed on these two.

I am a weird mix of conservative and creative and I suppose that does need some explanation. I don't think GWs games are balanced but I do think that if anything is going to be written ruleswise with a specific version in kind then the core of that edition must be kept at heart with all changes. So for instance you could not introduce racial movement rates into the 5th edition without rewriting much of the shooting and some of the combat rules.

On the other hand I love to see creativity and thinking outside of the box, and once I understand the intent I am far more likely to support such activity than not.

I hope I can be of some use to you all on here and I am looking forward to plenty of fun. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Welcome Smile

Totally agree with you about the core. Unless you're willing to rewrite the rulebook, I think fandices should leave the core mechanics alone. There is a myriad of ways to emulate ideas within the existing boundaries anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome Yabbadab. Glad to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
Col. Tartleton
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe
Col. Tartleton

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:34 pm

On this critical note I suggest two addition subforum areas:

Rulebook (For the Discussion of Writing an "Xth Edition")

and

Off Topic Codices (For anything 40k related not supporting a current codex or faction.)
Back to top Go down
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Aha, Col my friend. Want to descuss a new Codex. Then start a Topic somewear and it will get picked up on and a Seperate forum will be created. Take Deathworld Vets for instance. That was not there 2 days ago. Very Happy Want to do your own Space marince chapter. Then creat a topic in the SM section and it will fet its own forum very soon after.

Good idea on a ruels section though. The more I have been going through the ideas here the more I have been thinking this rule or that rule needs to be tweeked. So there you go. Done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Codex Project :: General :: General and Public Interest-
Jump to: