The Codex Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Codex Project

Public input in an atempt to make better Codexes for Warhammer 40, 000

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How "radical" are we going with our work here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmaster_John
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe
Warmaster_John

How "radical" are we going with our work here? Empty
PostSubject: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Sorry for the Inquisitorial pun Rolling Eyes

My question is: what type of codexes are we trying to make?
Are we re-writing them (and the main rules) from the ground up, creating a set of fandexes that would be intra-balanced with one another with little regard for the current books?
Are we simply "updating" or altering the current books to make them better from our point of view, while still attempting to balance them to the current official product?
Or something in between? Or even both?
We all have different opinions on what we want to do, and they are all equally valid. I'm just curious where everyone stands on this, and hope to get a consensus on our objective here.

Thanks,
Warmaster John
Back to top Go down
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: Re: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 pm

All of the above, John. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:53 pm

The general idea of the creation of this site wat to fix and ballance the current codexes and to update old ones based on public oppinion and not on the general will of one or two people at GW. Power to the people to play your game how you want to. It kind of has seamed to grow from there. I can see a rewrite of the rules coming and there for a need for a set of codexes to go with that. Also I see the 10 system coming also. So in the end I feel there will be several diferent versions of every codex on this site. So yeah all of the above. Go nuts.
Back to top Go down
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm

When I started my reimagining of the Squats on Warseer in 2006, I quickly realised that everyone had their own ideas and that it was hard to enforce one 'way' of doing things. As it was a fan thing there was no reason for people dissatisfied with the direction to stay on board.

So I said that everyone can do what they want so long as they were happy with everyone else pilfering ideas. Thus we created our own visions of what the Squats/Varingr/Varyngr were and shared them.

From that we each got richer ideas and new directions without everyone feeling their ideas were being ignored in favour of the OP's views or someone elses.

Thus we discussed multiple directions, gave our reasons for things being a certain way and continued on.

It basically became a collaborative writing circle that happened to be writing about the same thing.

Now it wasn't as directed because of this but it kept people happy. When you put lots of creative people into a single room with no direction they all want to do it their way. If you can organise some kind of direction or brief that people are willing to stick to, then great. But when it's volunteer fans, unless they feel they're enjoying themselves they'll stop.

And there's nothing wrong with that. We are only doing these things for our own entertainment. People shouldn't feel like it's work.

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
Col. Tartleton
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe
Col. Tartleton

PostSubject: Re: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 pm

I can only speak for myself saying as so far I'm designing my ideas within the current rules for the most part although with a disregard for the existing meta game. However I'm also interested in Edition X but I can't write army lists for that until we work out what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How "radical" are we going with our work here?   How "radical" are we going with our work here? Empty

Back to top Go down

How "radical" are we going with our work here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Codex Project :: General :: General and Public Interest-
Jump to: