The Codex Project

Public input in an atempt to make better Codexes for Warhammer 40, 000

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What it means to be a demon...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: What it means to be a demon...   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 pm

GW comes to you and says "okay, you have to write army wide rules for Demons".

What do you write?

To kick things off, here's my version...

Lesser Demons: A unit with this rule counts as a psyker and has a 6+ invulnerable save. The unit may also use the Leadership value of any Greater Demon within 12" as their own.

The above rule comes with a serious drop in Leadership values.

Greater Demon: A unit with this rule counts as a psyker and has a 4+ invulnerable save. You may also have the unit automatically pass one psychic test per turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a demon...   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 am

How about every turn they take some sort of stability test or count as in dangerous terrain for the turn.

All I can realy think of as a generic coverall rule is that Daemon is a loaded keyword.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warmaster_John
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a demon...   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 am

Herald of the Lost wrote:

Lesser Demons: A unit with this rule counts as a psyker and has a 6+ invulnerable save. The unit may also use the Leadership value of any Greater Demon within 12" as their own.

The above rule comes with a serious drop in Leadership values.
Not sure that I like the drop in the Inv save for them. Also, these could not be used for Khornate demons, as they are not psykers (nor would they be). Using the Greater D leadership seems neat, but would place a huge reliance on them as leaders -- requiring a player to take one, and preventing some (like the Bloodthirster) from flying about and killing at will.

Herald of the Lost wrote:
Greater Demon: A unit with this rule counts as a psyker and has a 4+ invulnerable save. You may also have the unit automatically pass one psychic test per turn.
See above regarding psyker/Khornate demons. The psychic test thing is nice, but I would assume the Lord of Change would be able to pass all psychic tests in this way. I would also make them immune to Perils of the Warp, as they are on the top of the demon "food chain"

Here's my thoughts
Lesser Daemonic Aura: A unit with this rule receives a 5+ invulnerable save. In addition, the unit exudes fear, thus all enemy units suffer a -1 penalty to Leadership when involved in an Assault with such a unit (doesn't stack with similar affects/multiple such units).

Greater Daemonic Aura: A unit with this rule receives a 4+ invulnerable save. In addition, the unit exudes terror, thus all enemy units suffer a -2 penalty to Leadership when involved in an Assault with such a unit (doesn't stack with similar affects/multiple such units).

Daemon: A unit with this rule has the Eternal Warrior special rule. In addition, attacks made with Force Weapons, Witchblades, or Singing Spears ignore the units daemonic aura.

I think allowing psychic attacks to ignore the Aura, while fluffy, would be too powerful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a demon...   Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 am

Warmaster_John wrote:
Daemon: A unit with this rule has the Eternal Warrior special rule. In addition, attacks made with Force Weapons, Witchblades, or Singing Spears ignore the units daemonic aura.

I think allowing psychic attacks to ignore the Aura, while fluffy, would be too powerful.

What about all the above, Weapons and Powers, force the daemon to re roll a passed save of any kind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a demon...   

Back to top Go down

What it means to be a demon...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Codex Project :: Chaos :: Codex: Chaos Daemons-
Jump to: