The Codex Project

Public input in an atempt to make better Codexes for Warhammer 40, 000

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:25 am

I've not been able to do so.

I've got quite a few documents that I can put up for anyone interested but they're formatted and look shite when cut and pasted into posts.

Also, I have an army list for Grot revolutionaries, genestealer cults, exodites even I think part of a admech one somewhere.

Where would we go about posting those?

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Col. Tartleton
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:09 pm

I think you just put stuff in general and it will get sorted out. Or put them in the next closest category.

Grots are Orks, Genes are Nids, Exodites are Eldar, Admech are Guard... etc.

No idea about posting docs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 pm

I will look in to allowing people to post attachments to posts in all sections.

Edit:

You should beable to attach files now. If you can not then let me know and I will look in to it. I will need to know exactly where you are trying to attach the file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi Dwane. I tried to attach a file in the ork thread for my grot revolution army list, but it didn't seem to work.

I went into the attachment browse option, picked the pdf I wanted and clicked send. Alas it didn't seem to attach it.

I noticed that the attach area says that you can upload 0meg of documents, so perhaps that's why.

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

How big is the file, Hellebore? With my new admin powers I can increase the size of the allowance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:41 pm

It was 479 kb...

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Try it now. I've allowed 1 attachment per message at a max of 1MB. According to the panel we've only got 20MB of space, so I've limited members to 10MB of space for the moment. I will confer with Dwane once he looks at this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Alright, it's up. Smile

I can see the problem if the forum has a total space of only 20 meg. Adding attachments will get costly very quickly. Sad

If it will be a problem I won't attach things. But I'm hopeless with the forum programming stuff so it's all going to go up unformatted.

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:12 pm

I don't suppose you could sign up for Box and post links? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Col. Tartleton
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 pm

We could be evil and post it on Warseer and then link to it...

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellebore
Apprentice Scribe
Apprentice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Actually most of my stuff has been posted on warseer over the years.

Perhaps I really should just link to that.

Also, I've got a reenvisaged Squat army list as well (the Varyngr) but I'm not sure where on this forum it would be good to put them.

Hellebore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Col. Tartleton
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Elegant solutions ftw.

I mean this site is basically a Warseer Kabal. Its own little coven of rule breakers who hide in the dark places of the interwebway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herald of the Lost
1st Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 pm

True, but I don't think the lords of Warseer would appreciate us directing traffic away so openly. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?   

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to attach documents to posts and can I post things not listed ere?
Page 1 of 1