The Codex Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Codex Project

Public input in an atempt to make better Codexes for Warhammer 40, 000

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yabba
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe

Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2   Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Initiate:...Weapon Skill 3Balistic Skill 3Strength 4Toughness 4Wounds 1Initiative 3Attacks 1Leadership 7Armour Save of 4+

Novice:...Weapon Skill 4Balistic Skill 4Strength 4Toughness 4Wounds 1Initiative 4Attacks 1Leadership 8Armour Save of 4+

Sargent:.Weapon Skill 4Balistic Skill 4Strength 4Toughness 4Wounds 1Initiative 4Attacks 2Leadership 9Armour Save of 4+

Comp: 1 Sgt, 4 Scouts (Novices or Initiates)
Type: Infantry
Wargear: Bolt Pistol, CC Weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades
Special Rules: ATSKNF; Combat Squads; Chapter Tactics, Infiltrate, Move through Cover.

Options;

A Scout squad consists of 1 sergeant and 4 of any mix of novices and initiates.

May include up to 5 additional Scouts at ...pts

Any Scout may replace their Bolt Pistol or CC weapon with one of the following: Bolter; Shotgun, Sniper Rifle

2 Scouts may replace their Bolt Pistol or CC weapon with one of the following:
Flamer ..pts; Meltagun ..pts; Plasma Gun ..pts; Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer or Missile Launcher ..pts; Autocanon ..pts;

The Sergeant may take the Following: Meltabombs ..pts; Teleport Homer ..pts;
The Sergeant may replace his Bolt pistol or CC Weapon with one of the following:
Combi-weapon ..pts; Stormbolter ..pts; Power Weapon ..pts; Power Fist ..pts;

A squad consisting of a Sergeant and Novices only may take the Stealth USR for ..pts and/or Acute Senses for ..pts.

The entire squad may take Camo Cloaks for ..pts per model;

Special Rules:

Secondment: Some chapters keep their new recruits within the tactical squads to gain experience. Any army may choose not to take Scout Squads and instead assign their scouts to their tactical squads. You may include 1 Scout for every 3 Marines in the Tactical Squad.
Initiates come with Bolter or Shotgun, Bolt Pistol or Close Combat weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades for ..pts. Novices come with Bolter or Shotgun, Bolt Pistol or Close Combat weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades for ..pts. Both lose their Move Through Cover and Infiltrate USRs.
Raw Recruits: If a Squad consisting of Sergeant and Initiates only loses it's Sergeant, the Initiates must take a Leadership Test. If the fail, they go to ground immdiately, if they pass they count as Unbreakable until the start of their next turn.
Back to top Go down
Dwane Diblie
Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2   Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Appart fromthe statline is there any differance between the Novice and Initiate? I can't seem to find any. I would sugest giving access to special weapons only to the novice. Maybe remove Krak granedes for Initiates also.

Are you aslo thinking mixed initiates and novices in the unit in addition to the sargent?
Back to top Go down
yabba
Novice Scribe
Novice Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2   Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Dwane Diblie wrote:
Appart fromthe statline is there any differance between the Novice and Initiate? I can't seem to find any. I would sugest giving access to special weapons only to the novice. Maybe remove Krak granedes for Initiates also.

Are you aslo thinking mixed initiates and novices in the unit in addition to the sargent?
Second part first - yes

The reason I kept the options open was because I didn't want to force people to buy new models - scout units can be quiet tailored. Still I am open to suggestiosn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2   Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry col Tartleton - Scouts suggestion 2
Page 1 of 1